This policy document sets out how Farmbuild will collect, use, disclose and protect any personal information that it has collected from you.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this Policy
Farmbuild may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the Farmbuild website (www.farmbuild.co.nz). The change will apply from the date that it is uploaded.
Where we obtain your Personal Information from.
Farmbuild collects personal information about you from you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products and via third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Use of your Information
Farmbuild will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text
- or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit
- card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Farmbuild may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group, including Gregg Builders Limited.
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or
- maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other
- services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Protection of your Personal Information
Farmbuild will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that Farmbuild holds and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, Farmbuild will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if Farmbuild thinks that the correction is reasonable Farmbuild will make the correction. If Farmbuild does not make the correction, then it will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
Farmbuild may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
If you provide us information over the internet then you specifically acknowledge that the provision of information is at your own risk.
Farmbuild Contact Details
Farmbuild can be contacted via email, email@example.com.
If you want your rural project to stand the test of time, have a chat to one of our experts and
we’ll show you what we can do.